Facility of Higher education was not available in this tribal region till 1980. More than 80 % tribal population in this region had been untouched by the facilities of higher education. Lack of education among majority of tribal resulted in ignorance and superstitions. Being poor they were forced to lead gypsy life migrating to industrial cities of Gujrath in search of jobs. They could not afford to send their children to cities for higher education. Realizing this need the educated Govt. Officers from tribal community, zealous tribal political leaders and generous merchant of Navapur came together and started Adivasi Seva Sahayyak and Shikshan Prasarak Sanstha’s Arts, Commerce College, from 15 july 1981 to make available the facilities of quality higher education to the poor SC, ST, OBC minority students of this region. The faculty of science was stared from 1990. This small plant of higher education rapidly began to grow in a tree. The Sanstha soon constructed its own college building on the spacious 17 acres of land donated by generous late Shri. Hansalalji Agrawal. Twenty roomed two storeyed spacious college building with all the infrastructure facilities soon began to make its name in the North Maharashtra University. Spacious building with its seminar hall, up-to-date science labs, spacious sports ground , rich library, highly qualified and well-experienced teaching faculty, active administrative staff and well disciplined students earned good name for the college in North Maharashtra University, Jalgoan. With the traditional courses college has been more enthusiastic in starting career oriented courses. College has been implementing many student oriented curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities with all the zeal. The medium of instruction for Arts faculty is Marathi and for science and commerce faculty it is English.
Today the Arts, Commerce and Science College has been well equipped with up-to-date laboratory and Newly established Computer Centre and is having total 42 teaching faculty among which there are 10 Ph.D, 15 M.Phil and 20-Postgraduate. Also College is having rich library providing free of cost facility of E-Library and having total books 23,436 worth Rupees 38,46,415. There are 506 books for Junior College worth Rupees 15,205. The College provides a number of facilities to student such as National Service Scheme, Well-furnished Reading Rooms for student and Staff separately, Well equipped and up-date Gymnasium, Various Committees for conducting co-curricular and extra-curricular activities for Student and Staff, Specious Hostel Facilities, Study centre for Yashavantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Up-to-date Computer Lab, Study facility for M.C.M. Course, facilities for Career Oriented Courses such as Certificate course in Web Technology , Software technology, Spoken English, CMLT and DMLT , Coaching Centre for Competitive exams and entry in services, Special facilities of Remedial Coaching classes for SC, ST, OBC minority and economical poor students, Centre for career Counselling, facility for Post-Graduate course M.A Hindi, MBM(Computer Management),and M.A.,M.Com. under IDEAL conducted by NMU, Jalgoan.
College faced NAAC in 2003-04. It has been accredited with B grade by NAAC Banglore. It has applied for NAAC Re-accreditation to be held in 2014-15.
Distinctive Features of the College :
- The objective of our college is to provide quality education to the tribal and rural students. So the tuition fees and other fees are collected in installments from the poor students.
- Remedial teaching classes are conducted for slow learners and the toppers are inspired for self-learning and creative work. It reflects in our results. Usually the result is 90% and above.
- Educationally backward students are being paid special attention to bring them in mainstream of education. Personal attention and guidance is provided to these students.
- We carry out all the academic activities listed in the syllabus very sincerely, carefully and whole-heartedly with a positive attitude. For this reason competency, self-discipline, efficiency, loyalty, commitment to profession is deeply implanted in our students.
- We inculcate different values and responsibilities among students through value based education, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. In order to strengthen the peace of mind ‘Peace Session’ is the salient feature of ours.
- The present infrastructure is sufficient and healthy to fulfil the needs. It’s healthy atmosphere inspires the students for learning. Ours is the college in North Maharashtra University which provides the computer and internet facility to students.
- The special Technology lab having OHP, Handicam, slide projector, T.V. and Audio-Video cassettes is the special feature of our college. The College is affiliated to NMU, Jalgaon. Hence all rules/regulations regarding procedure of admission, examination rules, rules for recruitment of staff, are governed by the university, the state of Maharashtra and U.G.C.
- Decentralization of authority and transparency in work is another conspicuous feature of ours.
- The present infrastructure of our college is ample to meet the present needs. We have separate rooms for Language laboratory, Science lab with smart board, LCD Projector. Geography Lab, Computer Lab and recently we have established advanced Computer Lab for student.
The college considers these suggestions and has taken the following steps :
- The college started two PG courses ,M.A. Hindi & M.B.M (Commerce and Management) and IDEAL PG Courses.
- The college developed infrastructure by modifying Physics, Chemistry and English language laboratories.
- The college is having Spacious Multipurpose Hall.
- The college runs Career and Guidance Counselling Centre & Competitive Examination Centre in collaboration with Asha foundation and N. M. U. Jalgaon respectively.
To provide higher educational facilities to the tribal students and prepare them to compete with urban students and to contribute their services to Nation building by promoting education.
Let’s help one another to make life comfortable, peaceful and help to one another to uplift the standard of life of poor, specially of tribal people.
Goals & Objectives
- The core objective of the institution is to impart higher education to the students of tribal area of this Northern part of Maharashtra, which is dominated by the tribals.
- To work for the all-round development of students specially the tribal community.
- To help the needy and weaker students in education.
- To help to uplift the standard of life of the tribals.
- To make the tribal students compete with the students of other community and make them responsible citizens.
- To eradicate blind beliefs and superstitions among tribals.
- To motivate the faculty and the learners to take quality initiatives in academic research and extension activities and help them serve as desirable human resource in the development of the nation.
- To prepare them to accept the challenges of the modern world.
Communication of mission, vision and goals to the student, teachers, staff and other stake holders.
- The mission, vision and goals are communicated to students in the very first meeting of every academic year by the principal.
- For teachers it is communicated at the time of appointment by the principal.
- For other stake holders they are communicated in the meeting like teacher-parents gathering and annual meeting of the members of the management by the principal.
The Arts, Commerce and Science College awarded 2nd prize under “Jagar Janivanchha” by Govt. of Maharashtra 2013-14 on dated 20 August 2014.
Gold Medalist :
Ku. Priya Prajapati University First in Chemistry
Ku. Neha Gohil University First in Zoology
Kasya Medalist :
Ku. Dimple Prajapat University Second in Chemistry
Ku. Pavitra Valvi University Second in Zoology
Ku. Payal Agrawal University Fifth in Commerce
Yuvarang conducted by NMU Jalgoan, Organized at Faizpur on 25/1/2014 where college got 3rd prize.
Avishakar 2014 conducted by NMU Jalgoan, Organized at ACS College Navapur. In this events there were total 32 prizes out of which 16 prizes awarded to our ACS College Staff and Students.
Our ACS College has got the rank in top-ten Colleges under North Maharashtra University , Jalgoan.
– NSS volunteers attend various workshops at University, state and national level.
Mr. Samadhan Pawar attended the Republic Day Parade at Delhi by representing NMU Jalgaon on 26th JAN. 2013.
University Player :
Bhushan Sangale , Anand Gavit, Ku. Pooja Bhaiya, Vilesh Gavit, Keyur Joshi, Yohan Gavit, Prakash Gavit, Ku. Pravina Gavit, Ku. Armita Gavit Ku. Heena Gavit, Ku. Usha Bhiaya, Ku. Harshala Gavit, Ku, Mahima Gavit all were selected at various Inter-University level thr. North Maharashtra University , Jalgoan.
Best Player :
Elesh Gavit , Samadhan Pawar was elected thr. S.R.D. Mumbai.